Helping Alumni Reconnect
The MGSMAA is focussed on creating opportunities (in addition to our exclusive MGSM events) for alumni to reconnect with their peers and lecturers.
More on some exciting developing ideas soon, but for now we are looking for board sub-committee members who can help with the following projects:
1) MGSM Alumni Day: Alumni days have been valuable and popular over the years, providing updates on the latest management thinking and creating networking opportunities. If you have had experience with running these MGSM Alumni Days in the past or have other relevant experience and are interested in joining the Education Board Sub-Committee, Andrew Bissett would love to hear from you at email@example.com
2) Entrepreneurialism: We now have a board sub-committee up and running with exciting ideas on how to support MGSM entrepreneurs. After all, within our own MGSM community we have entrepreneurs, potential staff for start-ups, consultants and mentors, angel investors and a network of alumni willing to help out by providing introductions and advice!
If you have experience and interest in helping bring this concept to fruition by joining the Entrepreneurialism Board Sub-Committee, please contact Belinda Vasallo on firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Director: We are also looking for a legally qualified director to join the MGSMAA Board to focus on good governance. If interested, please email Rebecca Murray on email@example.com or call her on 0419633346 for more information.
Why join a Board Sub-Committee?
· Opportunity to give back to the MGSM alumni by helping our network become an increasingly valuable asset for all of us
· Regain contact with and build your profile amongst an influential alumni group
· Gain new leadership skills for your CV
· Have fun re-living the fabulous syndicate group experiences you so fondly remember….!
Members will meet approximately monthly to participate in brainstorming new services and helping roll them out.
Interested? For sub-committee roles, we look for enthusiastic alumni or lecturers/previous lecturers with a range of skills and ages, representing the full range of ages from recent graduates to retirees. For board roles, we look for those who already have board experience or are at a stage in their careers where they wish to gain NFP board experience.
To express interest in joining one of these Board Sub-Committees or the Board, please send a paragraph or two explaining your interest, background and MGSM qualification(s), and attach a CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile to Andrew Bissett, Belinda Vasallo or Rebecca Murray.
Remuneration: All roles are voluntary with only really essential expenses reimbursed. We endeavour to promote our directors and sub-committee members to the alumni community to thank them in a small way and hopefully help them with building their profiles – but essentially participation is a form of giving back to help the alumni community.