Don’t miss out on catching up with your favourite lecturers and fellow alumni in cohort groups at the global reunion, on this Wednesday 9th December from 5.30 pm – 7 pm.
Click here to register - as registrations close off Tuesday night.
We’re delighted to announce two keynote speakers for this event, who will briefly address you prior to the cohort breakout:
Professor Bruce McKern, Founding Dean of MGSM, will address us on:
· The industry roots of MGSM
· The guiding philosophy of the school in those initial days
· The early successes of MGSM
· The importance of building the MGSM community of alumni and lecturers that benefitted from their MGSM experience
And then Professor Eric Knight, Executive Dean of Macquarie Business School, will focus on:
· The need for change at Macquarie Business School
· The Vision for Macquarie Business School including MBA programs and executive education
· The role of the premium MGSM brand in this vision.
Here are the backgrounds of our two keynote speakers:
Professor Bruce McKern is the founding dean of MGSM, and also former Director of the Stanford Sloan Master’s Program and President of the Carnegie Bosch Institute.
Bruce was recently Professor and Co-director of the Centre on China Innovation at CEIBS, Shanghai, and a Visiting Research Fellow at Oxford University, INSEAD and Stanford’s Hoover Institution.
He is currently:
· Adjunct Professor, University of Technology Sydney,
· Member, International Advisory Committee, Research Centre for Technological Innovation, Tsinghua University, Beijing,
· Adviser, Maritime Silk Road Society, Hong Kong and
· Board Member, UTS Business School Advisory Board.
Professor Eric Knight, is Executive Dean at Macquarie Business School. A senior leader in the Higher Education industry, he is a passionate advocate for the impact and technology agendas shaping universities, and the synergy between world-class research, real-world teaching, and long-term industry, government, and community partnerships.
Eric is also Professor of Strategic Management in the Department of Management at Macquarie Business School, and was a Fulbright Senior Scholar at Stanford University and University of California, Davis.
He was previously Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research - Enterprise & Engagement) and Professor of Strategic Management at the University of Sydney. He completed his doctorate at the University of Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar. His research focuses on the role of technology in the future of work. He has published widely in top-tier international journals, including five FT 50 journals, Strategic Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, MIT Sloan Management Review, Organisation Studies, and Human Relations. Eric is a member of the Academy of Management, the Strategic Management Society, and the European Group of Organisation Studies, and currently serves as Program Chair for the Strategy Practice Interest Group of the Strategic Management Society, the leading international community for strategic management scholars.
We hope you will join us tomorrow and reconnect with your fellow cohorts. To register, click here.